Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad

This salad is beyond simple. What makes it work is using the very best and freshest ingredients possible. We love this with the Smoked Paprika Flank Steak that I recently posted. There is nothing as delicious as fresh summer "Jersey" corn in this. Tiny, sweet, little, uncooked kernels.
Not quite time yet....but soon!
I happened to have some red pepper in the fridge when I made this this first time so I have added it almost each time I made it. Not necessary though. I had to stop myself from embellishing it even further...black beans, cilantro...the list goes on. I think the absolute simplicity of this dish is what sets it apart....

Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad
from Everyday Foods Magazine
Prep: 10 minutes Total: 10 minutes

Nothing compares to the juiciness of summer tomatoes. Go beyond the expected with this showstopping salad.

Ingredients

Serves 4.

* 1 ear corn (husk and silk removed; tip cut off)
* 2 pints cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
* 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
* 2 scallions, thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
* Coarse salt and ground pepper


Directions

1. Stand ear in a large wide bowl; with a sharp knife, carefully slice downward to release the kernels. Discard cob. Add tomatoes, avocado, scallions, lime juice, and oil to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine.

Post a Comment

0 Comments