Leftover Lobster?



The idea of leftover lobster sounds almost impossible to me. But I did find myself with two leftover, big, fat ,1.5 pounders and made up a few lobster rolls for dinner the other night. The last time I made these was at Christmastime. You must have the top split New England style frankfurter rolls for these...not all that easy to find here in New Jersey, but my local A& P for some reason always has them. The rolls get a nice toast in a skillet in melted butter on either side.

The lobster meat gets tossed with nice squeeze of lemon juice, a little bit of Hellmann's Mayo, some finely chopped celery,freshly ground black pepper... and a snip of a few chives from my garden over top. It all gets mixed together gently and is loaded onto a Boston lettuce lined toasted roll. We had these with some potato chips, dill pickles, and an ice cold Corona....it was a wonderful dinner. I closed my eyes and felt I was sitting in the hot sun, on a bench at a fish shack in New England. We were happy as clams!

Post a Comment

0 Comments