More Artisan Bread in Five.....




Today I used the last of my dough that I put together last Saturday night. I baked it this time on parchment, atop a half sheet pan and then covered it with a stainless steel bowl. I baked it at 475* on my convection bake setting for 20 minutes and then uncovered it and baked for about another 15 minutes( my loaf was a bit more than a pound)...It was really nice. I made three loaves of bread and used three different methods of baking, each one was great, and yielded a slightly different loaf. I think that the flavor got better the older the dough became.
I mixed up another batch straight away , right in the same bucket I had made the last one in, did not bother washing it. We shall see if we get a slight sourdough flavor to the next batch of breads...
The kids and I are having a lot of fun with this...I think next time I may try baking a loaf on the grill...

Post a Comment

0 Comments