Eggplant Parmesan


One night I was searching for the perfect recipe for the perfect yellow cake with chocolate icing...
my friend Terrie told me she had found it on a wonderful blog called Eggbeater...I had a lovely evening reading Shuna's blog and checking out her wonderful recipes and found she described eggplant Parmesan and her description really made me hungry for it...I had an eggplant in the fridge and the next day I went for it. I even wrote her and asked for her recipe and she kindly gave me her "method"...which is pretty much how I usually prepare it...except she recommended making one's own bread crumbs...which I did...and it was fabulous, the homemade crumbs made all the difference in the world...I made my usual sauce with a can of San Marzano tomatoes, garlic,some hot red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and good olive oil.
A big handful of fresh basil from my garden and some fresh parsley...just cooked it down until it was not at all watery...fried my eggplant and drained it and layered it in the dish with sauce and grated mozzarella and freshly grated parmesan....it was delicious...Some years ago I had stopped frying the eggplant and baked it....all in the interest of good health. This time I said what the hell, threw caution to the wind and fried them...I had several lovely meals from one eggplant...
It was wonderful!
Thanks Shuna for the inspiration...
Here is a link to Shuna's Eggplant Parmesan Method...

and I still need to try the cake!

Post a Comment

0 Comments