Cauliflower-Bacon Gratin...

This cauliflower gratin is nothing short of fabulous. It transforms the veggie into something so special. My 17 year old walked into the kitchen and said...mmmmmmm...is that Mac and Cheese. I said no...its better...

This is easy to put together...some flour, eggs,cream, milk, Gruyere...steamed cauliflower...thats it really. Oh lets not forget the bacon! What's not great with bacon! But for vegetarians or those who do not eat pork, I think this would be wonderful even without the bacon.
It is almost quiche-like, but not quite. The flour gives it a different texture.
I served this with chicken but it could have easily been a main course on its own. I can imagine it as a great brunch dish as well...cauliflower for brunch you say. Crazy? Maybe...but it would be perfect!

 It puffs up and get brown and crisp on top....I had to bake mine longer than the recipe calls for as it was not set in the middle. No matter because what is not set, acts as a creamy sauce.


This is a keeper...I can see this gracing our holiday table at some point this winter. The leftovers were great reheated in the microwave. My husband enjoyed those for lunch the next day. Another wonderful recipe from Dorie Greenspan.


This has not yet been chosen as a recipe for French Friday's with Dorie....but it may be. It should be. So I will not post the recipe. I hope all of my readers get the book...as you can see by my last few posts, I think it is a wonderful resource.
This recipe can be found on page 362 in Dorie Greenspan's..."Around My French Table"

It was also posted on NPR
So now you can have the recipe...perfect for Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

0 Comments