Banana Bread...

I always seem to find myself with some very ripe bananas...one day they are green, the next speckled and almost too ripe. I had four little very ripe bananas the other day and while the kids were home decided I just had to make them their favorite banana bread...the recipe calls for about two bananas...but I used all four that I had in the fruit bowl. It was inhaled...I used some little Panibois baking pans I had leftover from the holidays...One son is already back at school and the other is leaving on Sunday...the time flew by...In the blink of an eye it will be summer...and they will be back!
This is our favorite banana bread...I have made many and they are all good. But this one is the blue ribbon winner. It is always moist and just perfect, and even gets better with age ...This recipe made two Panibois pans for me...just perfect. They still took almost 50 minutes to bake.
from Martha Stewart...by way of my friend Becky.

Banana Bread
adapted from Martha Stewart

Makes 1 large loaf or 3 or 4 mini loaves 

1 stick butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temp
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.

With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well.

Sift dry ingredients and combine with butter mixture. Blend well. Add bananas and sour cream; mix well. Stir in nuts and pour into prepared pan.

Bake about 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean (careful not to overbake; start checking early). Turn out onto a rack to cool.


Post a Comment

0 Comments